Friday, February 1, 2008

Out of the mouths of 4 year olds

About a week and a half ago I was heading downstairs to do laundry. Abigail began to follow and I told her to wait at the top of the steps I wouldn't be long. Well, she sat very quietly for the 4 minutes it took me to gather the laundry in the basket, start the next load, and then come up stairs. The reason she was so quiet???? She was peeling the wallpaper off of the wall. GRRRRRR. So we have stripped all the wallpaper and are getting ready to paint. Because we live in an OLD house some of the plaster came off of the wall with the paper. Today I was doing all the patch work so tomorrow it can get painted. There was about a 9" X 9" patch that needed serious attention. Genevieve asked who broke the wall. I told her "no one broke it, it just fell apart." "Why did it fall apart?" she asks. "Because it's old". is my response. She leaves. I get done about 15 minutes later and take the stuff to the tub to clean up and she's sitting in the hallway on the steps crying. Ask her why she's crying? She tells me, "because you are falling apart". I get the stupid look on my face ask her what she means. She then tells me that I said things that are old fall apart. OK, now we all know what happens when we get old. This from the mouth of a 4 year old. Do we really want to get old?

No comments: