Monday, February 25, 2008

"Hey - He's Black"

Every year Daddy goes to the girls speach program and talks about the post office and the mail. He takes in coloring books for them and helps the kids send a letter home with a cool stamp. Any way this year Daddy went to Abigail's school and I stayed home with Genevieve who was still fighting that flu. Owen went and took pictures. I was uploading them into the computer the other day and Genevieve came over too what I was doing; What you doing mommy? Loading pictures in the computer. From What? When Daddy went to Abigail's school. Hey that's my daddy. Yes it is, he has the mail bag and the stamps to give the kiddos. Hey, he's black. Yeas he is, is that a problem? No Did you just notice that? Yes, never noticed before. Is that a problem that Daddy's black? No, that's my daddy. That's not a problem. (With the stuppid look to me on her face.) And off she went. Just kinda matter of factly. He's only beedn her Daddy for 4 1/2 years, I think we hid that pretty good, HUH. LOL I guess CCAA doesn't know what they're talking about when they say the children are afraid of black people.

6 comments:

LaLa said...

That made me laugh out loud....wow, he is black : ) It reminds me of a friend who is very concerned about her daughter (adopted from VN two years ago) who will only play with Asian kids. Her mom is white, dad is black and her siblings are biracial. She will play with them saying "it doesn't count" but other playmates must be Asian.... who knows what kids are thinking...

Doug and Terrye said...

That is stinkin' hilarious! I sometimes wonder what Grace sees when she looks at me. ??

Terrye in FL

Unknown said...

I don't even know you, but I think that is the cutest and sweetest story!! We have 2 little girls from China (one from Yiyang).
Janet
Charlotte, NC

Mother of 2 Angels said...

That was AWESOME!!!!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

LOL how funny! Kids are so funny and so honest. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I am sure she was referring to the complete darkness of the picture. You cannot see his features in it!

Anyway your family is beautiful...
Enjoy,
Erin