Thursday, February 7, 2008

Celebration #4 for the Chinese New Year

Today was Our celebration with Abigail's class. We ate noodles, dumplings, fried rice, egg rolls, almond cookies and oranges. I read "My First Chinese New Year' By Karen Katz and " 7 Chinese Sisters" by Grace Lin. (Thanks to my March Moonbeams sister for the awesome book) The children loved the books. Owen showed the children how to use a traditional Chinese Yo Yo and a shuttle cock. They were totally mezmorized. Our crafts consisted of making dragons, red envelopes, chinese flags, luck necklaces, and lanterns. The children had a wonderful time. I keep waiting for my girls to say "OK Mom enough is enough, this is allot of partying". But honestly I think they are loving every minute of it. They get to dress up in their favorite Chinese outfits, and sing their songs.

No comments: