Sunday, February 10, 2008

Chine New Year Celebration #6 and stuff

Well, life came to a screeching halt Friday evening about 5 pm. Genevieve came down with a 102 fever. We alternated Motrin and Tylenol every 3 hours. Around 1 am Abigail woke up projectile vomitting. So I alternated my time between the child who was on fire and the child who was dry heaving. DH had to be to work at 4 am. By 6 am the fever was down enough so she could sleep and the vomitting was done. I dozed for about and hour. Then we started over with the projectiles. Luckily enough the fever was done but she was still lethargic. Both girls were suppose to go to a birthday party at 2. I took Genevieve and left Abigail with her brother. He called me after an hour because her prjectiles had now reached about 4 feet. I came home called the Dr. He said to give her 2t of water every 15 - 20 minutes. If she did not urinate by 8pm or vomitted again take her to ER so they could admit her. She dehydrates just too fast. Luckily she went to the bathroom about 7pm and the water was stying down. By 9pm they were both asleep and I was on the verge of the same thing. Exhaustion was catching up to me fast. It's now Sun afternoon -4 degrees and -30 with the windchill and the lake effect snow is coming in. Abigail ate a piece of dry toast and Genevieve is dancing with the Barbie. But, to say the least we have now missed the Chinese New Year Parade again. Oh Well, Maybe in 2009. We have only been trying to go since 2001. At this rate I may be in a wheelchair before we get to go. They weather is so bad they even canceled our church services at Monson I put on a crock full of stuffed cabbage and will make homemade mashed potatoes for a very good comfort meal. Next weekend is the girls performance. This will be the last the celebrations for the year of the rat.

No comments: