Wednesday, September 12, 2007

On this day 2 years ago; I had just hung up from a family member in DC. Our discussion was based around how her DH was doing today. You see he was suppose to be at the pentagon the day the planes hit it on 9/11 but he missed his train into the city. He was spared, his friends were not. Every year is a struggle on the anniversary of this tragedy. On this day 2 years ago; I was desperately worried about Margie and her family. They were in MS when Katrina hit their little town. No one had heard from her. Not even our agency. On this day 2 years ago; I was getting ready to meet friends for dinner and my mind felt as if it couldn't hold a bit more info or confusion. So I I got on the computer to turn to my April Pandas Yahoo group for support. What a great bunch of folks. It seemed as if there were so many times that only they truly got it. I got side tracked and clicked on GWCA's site. On this day 2 years ago; Hong, ZhiLan walked into our hearts when she found us. When I clicked on the WC site and opened up Baby #13's file there sat my daughter. I couldn't figure out why I had a knot in my gut the size of a soft ball for a child who was nothing we had originally requested when we went DTC for our second daughter. I know now that God knew more of what we needed better than we did. She too knew we were her forever family, because when I opened that file and saw her picture, she told me with her eyes. OK Mommy now I found you, come get me. Thank God GWCA did all they could to make sure we were able to adopt our daughter. What a difference a couple years make.

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

Without a doubt it was a "red" letter day (and a red thread day too!!!)!!