Sunday, June 24, 2007

100 good wishes quilt

I guess I need to start her 100 good wishes quilt. I need squares fast. I would like them to 8 X 8 so as to make hers a little bigger than a baby blanket. I almost forgot about this. It is so important for her to have as many good wishes wrapped around her as possible. The girls quilts are beautiful and I love to look over the wishes and remember the wonderful friends and family who have contributed. If you are unaware of what I'm talking about, it is a Chinese Custom to make a quilt for the new arrival of fabric pieces with wishes granted upon them. What I need is an 8 X 8 piece of fabric and then an index size card with a wish written out on it. It can be as decorative or as simple as you choose. Also attach a small piece of the fabric to the card. The pieces are then sewn into a quilt for the child. The goal is to get 100 quilt pieces. An example of a wish. I send out pieces of fabric with the wizard of oz on it and my wish card reads "May you never have to look any further than your own back yard for happiness" If you would like to send in a square please mail them to: Julia Trawick PO Box 2862 South Bend, IN 46680

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Julia,
Would you like me to link to this on my blog?