Thursday, June 12, 2008

What a difference a year makes

We finally got the pool up and running. Might I add none too soon. Our heat has been aweful this week. I am so amazed at how far the girls have come when it comes to water and playtime. Abigail last year would sit on the raft wrapped in a towel. This is how she played in the pool. The concept of getting wet and feeling cold was not something she wanted to encounter. Genevieve has always loved the water, but to watch her this year is AMAZING. She does flips in the air before jumping in. She does flips under water. She dives for toys. She is my little mermaid. They are loving the freedom that mommy does not have to be "in" the pool this year. I can sit in my chair and watch them and they can splash to beat the band all they want. They are also loving having their friends over to play in the pool this summer.

1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

It looks like the girls had a blast in the pool! I can't believe it is summer already, time is flying!

I love the new picture on the top of you blog too!

Blessings,
Gayly