Sunday, June 22, 2008

Someone learned how to ride a bike without training wheels

This past Friday and Saturday we had a yard sale, did pretty good too. wooooo Hooooo Disney $$$$. My grandson and granddaughter were over for the day. The girls love to play with their nieces and nephews. My grandson who is 6M younger than Genevieve has been riding without training wheels for a year now. What a dare devil. Anyway he told Genevieve he would teach her how to ride like he does. It was so sweet. - That was Friday. They went home about 3pm. Saturday morning Genevieve is taking Keith's bike out of the garage. I ask her what she's doing. She tells me, "I'm gonna ride it". I say OK and keep unpacking boxes to set up for the yard sale. I look up and the girl is riding. Wow, look out world. She is so proud. she had to call everyone she knew and tell them. Sunday Daddy took the training wheels off her bike and took her to the school playground. I get there and realize he did not put on her helmet and knee pads. Grrrrrrrr. She's mad at me because I made them come home. I told her next time she has to wear a helmet and pads because she is going way too fast now and too far. Sometimes I hate being the bad guy. My husband gives me the lecture that we never had helmets, ate food that had sat out and ate with dirty hands. OK a different generation

1 comment:

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

wow look at her go!!!! I am very impressed : )