Sunday, June 8, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

It's funny the conversations kids have amongst themselves. Genevieve and Abigail have 3 friends that are here Mon-Fri. The baby was napping and the girls were having snacks when the conversation started. Genevieve - "C" why don't you have a sister "C" - I don't know "O" - I want another sister Abigail - Me too Genevieve - Daddy said we have enough brothers and sisters. He said only 7 kids. I want 10 Abigail - Me too "O" - I'll ask my mommy if we can 'dopt another sister and then a brother and then I'll share with you "C" Genevieve - You can have one of my brothers "O" - which one Abigail - No she can't we need them all Genevieve - but if we give "O" one we can get a new one "C" - I wish my mommy would adopt Me a sister Genevieve - It's OK if she won't you can be our sister Abigail - Yep "O" - You can be our sister too "C"- Well that would give me 4 sisters, I only wanted 1 I am at the counter with my back to them laughing so hard. But then all I could think is "How sweet". It's so wonderful that children believe that love makes them family and because they love each other that's all it takes for them to be sisters. Wouldn't it be great if the world would see life the same way.

No comments: