Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mothers Day Ma

I learned from a very early age that not all mothers give birth to their children. You see, My ma did not birth me, but that did not change who she was. She was the person who dried my tears when I fell off my bike, the person who helped me with my homework. She was the person who made sure I had boots for the winter and warm clean clothes. She was also the person who made sure I did not go to bed hungry or with a heavy heart. More than that she was the person who showed me how to love unconditionally and see past the fact that you do not have to give birth to a child to love them more than life itself. With all the love she gave, she also taught me to cook, clean and do the right thing in life. I miss her so much. She was called home on Dec 13th, 1998 and now only looks after me from the heavens. I hope she knows how much she impacted my life and made me who I am today. Happy Mothers Day Ma. I picked you some Lilacs just like when I was a kid. XOXOXO

No comments: