Friday, December 11, 2009

Yes we all make a difference

I recently wrote about the presentation I give in the girls school on acceptance, cultural diversity, adoption and fostering. Well, God is so good. The girls had their performance Tuesday night for Christmas. The family that sat behind us has a little girl in Genvieve's class. This is the 2nd year they have been together. She also is in foster care and has been for about 3 yrs now. There is her and 3 sisters. They have been very blessed to be with the same family and not have to be bounced around. I have know about this since last year. After my presentation in her class a couple of weeks ago, she came up to me and said, " Mrs. ... I am in foster care." I told her I knew. She said it doesn't matter does it? I told her no and gave my usual hug to her. I've always a had a soft spot for her anyway. Back to Tuesday. Her mother told me at the concert that A.... came up to her and told her all about the presentation and how good it made her feel. I smiled and told her how glad I was that it made her smile. The mom then went on to tell me that her and the dad have been going back and forth about whether they were capable financially to adopt all 4 girls. They decided to put it in God's hands and started the process. It should be complete by the end of January. The tears started to flow. I don't think I could have been any happier for that family if they told me I had won the lottery. What a great God we serve if we just follow his lead. So, yes everything we do makes a difference. Just pray every day it's a positive difference you make.

1 comment:

LaLa said...

WOW!!! What a wonderful story : )

Sorry I have missed out on so much..for some reason my bloglines didn't put you in Bold..fixed that now LOL