Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wow it's been a while

I just realized how long it's been since I posted about the nutty girls around here. As usual, it has been a whirlwind. We had an open house Sunday to no avail. It was abust. Darn it. I spent 4 days "sanitizing" this place. It sparkled. I guess the only consolation is I love it when it's this clean. The yard also looks pretty awesome. I am hosting the baby shower for our new granddaughter due in June. I love these kind of parties. I will post pics when it happens. right now I'm just getting it all together. Making the diaper cakes for center pieces, putting together bassinets, planning out the games and prizes, and gathering things to fill the bassinet with. The girls are finishing up their speech program for this year as well as their Mandarin class until fall. Their program is next Saturday. I know their songs as well as they do, if not better. Next fall they will be in speech, Mandarin and Traditional Chinese Dance class. They have been challenging lately. I'm not sure if it's spring fever, the age or just plain old naughtyness. Genevieve has learned that stomping her feet and glaring at me is a great way to push mom over the edge. Abigail has learned to cross her arms and roll her head as she tells me NO. Very different than the boys. They just kinda rolled with the punches and moved along. Girls on the other hand will hold the anger for a long time. The weather so far has been typical Midwest weather. GRRRRRRR I planted flowers for the open house last Saturday and they will probably all be dead by morning. We are expecting SNOW. Gosh I really hate this kind of weather. I am VERY VERY ready for summer time around here. Especially when I look at others blogs and see the kiddos in shorts and hanging out at the beach. I will try and post some pics tomorrow or the next day of the past few weeks events.

2 comments:

Mother of 2 Angels said...

Loooooooooooove what you have done with your page girlie!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Good to see you posting again. I hear you on the crazy midwest weather! I hate this warm and cold weather.

My girls are way harder then my boys. Happy to hear it's not just my girls.