Thursday, July 5, 2007

Todays update

It is with a sad heart today that I inform our friends and family that we will not be adopting again. We have been going through a family crisis since June 15th and the stress levels of that and the fact that our SW is telling us she can not have our Home Study until the end of next week added to it. When I contacted Chicago they said they will not expedite our 171 unless there was a medical need. I contacted our agency and explained the entire circumstance and asked if they thought CCAA would allow us an extension because there was no way we could be DTC by Aug 15Th. That is what was needed to make this work. They were quite clear CCAA wouldn't do it. This made my heart go into my throat. Heather then told me that another family had contacted them the last part of last week and said if we backed out they would proceed. They are in the matching room already and it was just a matter of moving the file and she could be home by Thanksgiving. Without even discussing it with Oscar I told her to get ahold of the family. He was as sad as I am I think but he knows it's for the best right now. I sent a note toe Melissa and explained to her that any monies that were donated to help us could go to the orphan ministry at her church unless a family contacts me or her directly and wants a refund. They have a great program that helps kiddos still in orphanages. There were a few people that wrote larger checks and have asked her to disperse them a refund. I can't thank everyone enough for all the love and support we have had to help us. I will still update the blog with how the kiddos are doing, I kinda like it better than the family yahoo group. Please pray for our family until we get through our crisis.

No comments: