Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wow God is Good

OK, I went on one of the most Amazing experiences I have ever been on in all my life. It was the Walk to Emmaus. I found the deepest understanding of my faith I have ever know as well as the answer to so many questions that had been deep in my thoughts. I also met people whom God placed in my life at that exact moment they were suppose to be there. One of the people I met was a lady who was adopted from Korea 33 years ago. The ironics of that is her family has been discussing the walk with her for 4 years, it was only at this walk she chose to make the journey. We were suppose to meet. Any way we got a chance to talk. One of the questions I asked her during her life did she ever feel left out or different. Her response was, Wow. She told me NO very clearly NO, because her parents treated her no different than any of the other children. She got spankings with the rest of them. She was treated like "One of the Gang". That answer moved me so much. It made me feel better about how I am raising my girls. I post this for all the other adoptive parents who read my blog. I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE anyone who is asked to say yes when the time is right if you get the chance to go on the walk.

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

Dear Julia, I just had the best time catching up with your family! What precious children you have...and what an incredible mom they have :) I'm excited for you and how God is working in your life, He is always so good to us. Thanks for sharing and being so open, you are always an encouragement!

Terrye in FL