Thursday, October 18, 2007

October 17th,

My baby turned 26 yesterday. It seems like just yesterday that the Dr. handed me 10 lb 6 oz baby boy and said congratulations. It's been a long but wonderful 26 yrs watching him grow from a boy to a man. He was born old, so he never really was a child. Always wise beyond his years. He and I are equally as lucky for the wife he married. My first DIL would have a melt down anytime he even mentioned seeing his family, let alone coming over for his traditional birthday supper. My now DIL was ecstatic she didn't have to cook after a day at work and thanked me repeatedly. She is kind, generous, and VERY tolerant of his first wife. I believe he has found his true soul mate. This is a wonderful thing for such a wonderful person. This is a typical birthday dinner for all of my boys. They love this meal. Fried Chicken, Mac and Cheese, Greens, (the green beans are for the girls). I cook 13 lbs of fried chicken, 10 lbs of greens, and 2 lbs of mac and cheese. My boys can eat.

2 comments:

LaLa said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome young man!

Yummmm...greens are my fav veggie (followed closely by squash) Hope you all enjoyed your feast!

RamblingMother said...

What a handsome couple. Happy Birthday.

Beverly